On this page, we provide links to the web sites of Canadian professional associations and regulatory bodies for translators, interpreters, and terminologists, as well as those of international societies in those disciplines.
Professional Associations and Societies
at the international level
- International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC)
- International Association of Conference Translators (AITC)
- International Federation of Translators (FIT)
- An international grouping of over 100 associations of translators, interpreters and terminologists in 55 countries whose mission is to promote professionalism in the disciplines it represents.
- Canadian Language Industry Association (AILIA)
- The association’s purpose is to help the Canadian language industry grow through competitiveness. Membership benefits include support in professional development, information exchange, the right to participate in events and conferences and building market opportunities all throughout Canada. Members include corporates, associates, partners, individuals and students.
- Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council (CTIC)
- Interprovincial body representing professional translators, interpreters and terminologists in Canada. Its mission is to promote professional standards in translation, interpretation and terminology to ensure (high-quality) communication across linguistic and cultural communities in Canada.
in the provinces and territories
- AB Association of Translators and Interpreters of Alberta (ATIA)
- BC The Society of Translators & Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC)
- MB Association of Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters of Manitoba (ATIM)
- NB Corporation of Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters of New Brunswick (CTINB)
- NS Association of Translators and Interpreters of Nova Scotia (ATINE)
- NU Nunattinni Katujjiqatigiit Tusaajinut – Nunavut Translators and Interpreters Association (NKT)
- ON Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO)
- QC Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec (OTTIAQ)
- SK Association of Translators and Interpreters of Saskatchewan (ATIS)
Industries de la langue
- Association de l’industrie de la langue (AILIA)
- Centre de recherche en technologies langagières (CRTL)
N’hésitez pas à nous écrire si vous avez des commentaires sur ces liens ou si vous souhaitez nous en proposer d’autres!